Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stake Conference

Well it's Sunday and the last lil sesh of Stake Conference ended. Being a new convy people always ask, "Oh is this your first ____?" Usually that answer is yes: Baptism, Stake Conference, Ward Conference, Missionary discussion, Institute Dance, etc. Elder Bruce C. Hafen was the general authority (does that need to be capitalized? General Authority...there) presiding over our Conference...I just gotta say: I loved it. The talks given were really sweet and genuine and some of them super humorous. I really can appreciate a little humor in a talk. Because I'm new I'm still in the "I really want to pay attention" stage, but it's nice to see others around me perk up with a little Mormon humor. 

I found the joy of doodling while speakers were talking, but always something pertaining to what they were talkin about. Like the Temple or Missionary Badges or a tree when talking about family geneology. Anyway, I wanted to comment on The Spirits presence in the room. At one point I felt like I could see a smile on everyone's face....all for different reasons, but still. Some people were smiling because they loved their spouse sitting next to them so much they couldn't help but feel sheer joy. And others were smiling because a woman in the choir looked like Professor Snape. Regardless all children of God were sitting in that room and The Spirit was really strong for me. I got a lil teary eyed just realizing what I have a hold of in my life now, and the endless possibilities for my family now. No one will be left behind. 

Gotta run to eat with the Missionaries. It's nice to have a boyfriend who is needed as a Priesthood holder for dinners. We're a package deal sometimes and I get a free meal. Holla. 
Peace Out-

4 comments:

  1. She did! I kept wondering if I was going to get into trouble for forgetting my potions book.

    When you started out I figured I was going to have to make fun of you when I commented, but it ended up being sincere and un-make-funable. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still make fun of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sash! I can't add you cause I don't know your email address, silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud at the prof snape comment... we had a lady who looked like a man in our stake conference choir. It's probably rude for me to say this, but I think I could see her mustache from the middle of the cultural hall.

    ReplyDelete