Monday, May 25, 2009

And We're Off!

Summer has arrived and I can't explain the delight of absolute freedom. There is so much I want to do with my time that I can't help but sleep in order to calm myself. I'm going to try and be better about the whole sleeping in thing now that some things are starting to create a routine for me. I've got the greatest vacation lined up: New York City for a couple of days, loads of Degrassi, voice lessons, work for a youth theatre, some amazing craft projects, and maybe a road trip to Georgia. 

But above all I'm looking forward to gaining a stronger testimony of family history. I know it's important, believe me. A part of me feels like that's the reason I was baptized: to make sure my family had someone to do their work for them. The other part of me feels like I was baptized to go on a mission. Regardless of what Heavenly Father has in store for me, I'm going to make the most of the time I have on this earth. I know that my role in the Plan of Salvation is needed, and I want to do my best to be prepared to go through the Temple and bring his spiritual children to this life. 

I spent the weekend in Mesa with Kelsie (and her preeetty phenomenal fam) and on Sunday I went to Gospel Doctrine rather than Gospel Principles. It was a good lesson and at one point they asked a question that I KNEW the answer to, but naturally I was too scared to be wrong, so I told the person next to me what I thought it was and then someone eventually answered, and alas...I was dead on. At first I was mad that I didn't answer when I should have, but then I realized...this is it. I'm starting to just know without having to wonder. I'm just so baffled that something this "out there" (as some I know call it) and something so scriptorally (I made it up...get over it) based makes so much sense to me. I avoided things like this my entire life...and I'm glad Heavenly Father sent my best friend when he did. I was ready. 

Don't get me wrong..I'll be lovin' me some GP for the next 6 months, but I'm glad that I'm realizing I can stop second guessing myself all the time. 

And just to add to my list of events..I can cross of "Verizon" from my to-do list. They were supposed to send me my rebate MONTHS ago, and tonight I got so sick of these papers on my printer that when I pulled out my file thing to put it all away, a box fell down and there was my camera dock...which charges and downloads photos! (It's been lost for two months) And while organizing I found my social security card as well (thought I lost it two years ago), my United Mileage info, my secondary loan info (which I needed to find out what it was so I can make a payment on it), and an envelope from Verizon which contained a $50 visa card in it. Who'da thunk?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to find your niche? I'm glad to hear that everything is working out just great for you!

    Degrassi freak.

    ReplyDelete