Sunday, May 10, 2009

"Maybe I can pass him...in neutral."

So Colton and I headed to Mt. Lemmon (already our second attempt) this morning for a nice afternoon of what we thought would be walking around Summer Haven ("the name of the town on Mt. Lemmon"). Little did we know the Lord had something else, entirely, planned for the day. We're about 17 or 18 miles up that mountain and I feel the car jerking. At first I thought Colton was doing it on purpose...you know, pushing on the gas pedal over and over...and over again. But then I looked over at him to be like, "haha, ok not funny, I'm gonna be naush," and I see him staring down with a look of confusion. I realized, it was not on purpose. We pull over to just make sure that it's not serious, and then we keep going. Then while driving up hill the car quickly begins to slow down. This was no joking matter. We pull over again, and for some reason...decide to give it another try and keep going. Then it's putterin' real bad, and at that point we don't wanna risk it and turn around. To stop that jolting feeling and sound, Colton puts the car in neutral and we're cruisin' down the hill. All is pretty well and dandy until I hear, "Oh my car just died." I'm all, "Uhhh what? How can you tell" And he says, "Because it's off...we're just cruising in neutral. And I have no power steering or breaks." 14 Cruising miles later we reach the bottom of the hill and make a turn to a friend's house. At this point though, the car is reignited and we keep driving, to see if it'll make it home. It did a lot more than that. 
Luckily, these little pullouts are quite often...so we were able to asses the problem.
This is us, assessing the problem. As you can see...I'm a big help.

And here we are...cruising down the hill in neutral. 

But as I said...once we got the bottom, our adventure did not stop there. Oh no. We decided to go to the post office so Colton could mail some grad app stuff. (I have no idea actually...I wasn't paying attention.) But the woman behind the counter, who had no intention of sharing an ounce of joy that day, made us get a different form and then come back in line. And the man she's helping in the photo was actually very smelly. 

And naturally while out running errands, we must pick up a mouse from the pet store so Colton can feed it to his snake. I have a little bit of a hard time with that....first of all: I feel bad when rocks are kicked out of their gravel area because I feel like they've formed bonds/friendships with the rocks they were around and then they're alone. And second: When the man opened the cage they all piled on top of each other, I'm sure, in hopes that as a combined force could over-power the human. 
Anyway...Colton on any errand is a man on a mission. And in a stinky pet store, he's a little bit like a fat kid in a bakery. Not sure what to do with himself...and wants to look at it all. This next photo is always the vision I have of Colton whilst in public...10 paces ahead and moving quickly. 


And lastly...you gotta end the day with a little DQ. You can't go wrong.


5 comments:

  1. hahaha.... I'm just glad you didn't die or anything coming down the mountain without breaks because that would have been kind of a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said "asses." LOL-ER-COASTER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha...you did say asses. I think you forgot an "s" in there somewhere. Awesome, though, don't change it.

    I accidentally stole that Post Office wench's pen. Serves her right.

    That picture of me in the pet store looks like you are hunting Sasquatch or something. That was a rather fun day. I mean, Summerhaven would have been cool, too, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those asses assessing the situation. And yes, Colton is a fat kid in a candy store except he would be eating animals. Or something. I think you should come to the graduation party anyways. We should just call you Jennifer or something and then bad mouth that Sasha girl all night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so I am slow and didn't even know you had a blog until this moment. Loved the rocks forming bonds. I totally get it. Weird, huh?
    Mamacita

    ReplyDelete