Saturday, January 29, 2011

American-ness

This semester I have a lot of original projects going on, and I sincerely appreciate them. Something about having to create allows me to connect to the person I want to be, I feel like I get to know myself a little better because I'm putting my heart in something tangible.

One of my classes (Theatre History of the Americas) assigned a project to capture American-ness. Having just put in my mission papers my first thought was "Freedom of Religion". For that reason (among many others) I am proud to be an American. We were to observe, write a narrative, and take pictures that essentially could capture a "beginning" and "middle" and an "end" to the action or plot of American-ness. I'm changing my narrative because one of my photos came out better than I thought so I'm going to use it, rather than my original idea. Here are the photos. What would you say is the beginning, middle, and end of this action/scene?

2 comments:

  1. Getting married and having kids gives you gas.

    Two points to team Colton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played Colton. I was going to say something, but yours is much better...

    ReplyDelete