Friday, July 9, 2010

The Shows That Get Me

So I decided to blog about my summer happenings, and then I realized all of that could be summed up into my favorite television shows. Well that's not entirely true, but 47 episodes in three days will do that to you.

My first choice: Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, often referred to as just "SVU". Duh, Duh, bap, bap, badda ba. Booooow. Duh, Duh, bap, bap, badda baaaaa baaaaa. (I hope all of you sang along like I do at the start of EVERY episode.) It is my absolute favorite law-involved show. In fact, probably in my top 2 favorite shows of all time, and is currently in that number one slot. (Haha, that's what she said....okay, sorry). What I love about it is Mariska Hargitay and Christopher Meloni. Their chemistry is superb, and while every episode is about rape, molestation, or murder, my draw to it is the detectives that are risking their lives to find the perp. It gives me hope.

Another show I've been watching a lot of this summer is Friends. I love this show. Probably in my top 5 (didn't quite make the cut, but still amazing). My favorite part is that I assign each character to one of my friends. I find most are a mixture of a few characters, but still. So fun. And I find that I relate most to Phoebe. Let's be real, I'm from Sedona.
This next show is on hiatus for the summer since it is between its second and third season, but I love it nonetheless. Fringe: it's not a television show, it's a lifestyle. Thank you Elspeth Anderson for introducing me to this show. To be honest, I had never watched anything illegal on the internet until I realized I needed to see every episode of Fringe, and caught up on season 2. I love the internet. And I can't WAIT for the show to start again!!!!! Seriously they left me in a clincher and I hate that.
No summer is COMPLETE without dancing. So You Think You Can Dance was introduced to me by Miss Mackenzie Romriell, and I will forever love her for that. Oh, and the Gospel too, not a big deal. I'm not sure how I feel about this new dancing with the "all stars" format, but I LOVED the hip hop dance between Twitch and Alex. Brilliant. However, I do think Cat Deely is the worst. I want to punch her in the face every time I hear her speak. This picture is jeanine from 5th season because she's still my favorite.
Another show that I've just recently gotten into that I find so intriguing is Gilmore Girls. I love the dynamic between the mother and daughter and that their always growing and learning. And I love that they're on the east coast, but in this small town feel. I love it.
In order to make this post still readable, I'm not going to talk about Degrassi: The Next Generation, but just give a shout out!!! WOOT WOOT. And last, but certainly not least on the shows that get me is Reba! This is definitely in my top 3, and is usually at number 1 or 2 battling with SVU. To be honest, I own seasons 1-4 on DVD, and haven't purchased 5 and 6 yet because I'm just not ready for it to end. It's hilarious and Barbara Jean (Melissa Peterman) is my favorite. In fact, I was BJ for Halloween and posted my pic on Melissa Petermans twitter account and she loved it! So I feel totally legit!!!! :D And then on the way to my pixie cut I cut a mullet like Reba circa 1987. Classy.

1 comment:

  1. So basically I love everything about this post. You know my love for TV and I'm so happy to have shared that love with you! Fringe is my number one, but I gotta love those dance shows! And Kat Deely is the worst. Every time she even appears on screen I automatically say, "shut up Kat". You've heard me say it, you know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete