Sunday, April 18, 2010

Never Said

What would you do?
The day will come and
You'll wonder,
where did I go?
How long did it take
You to notice
Where I've been?
Anywhere, but there.

I found myself fighting and fighting,
Then starving for what I couldn't have.
Selfish? Yes, but I wanted not to be.
I tried.
I gave and wanted equal in return,
But I knew that
Wasn't possible.
I settled for some, but the
Eggshells crumpled.
Completely.

I was running towards it all,
But then saw that you
Couldn't care.
I ran passed it, and wondered
Will you notice
I'm not there?
You are not sad, but
Distracted.
You feel my steps taking me
Farther and farther away
With each beat of your heart,
But can you tell
What is missing?
I am.

I already miss you
But I don't know how to turn around.
Everything has disappeared, except
The road.
I don't know where it's taking me.
Knees to the floor
I hope
You'll be somewhere along the way.
I can not be afraid of loss...
But may I ask,
What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment